Thursday, July 20, 2006

Boy it's HOT!

The A/C guy arrived early this morning, which was nice. He does his thing and reports to me that our A/C is on it's last leg and also quite moldy inside, which is giving us that terrible smell. *Sigh* So I call Ryan and tell him, and he decides to get it fixed now and turns out we're gonna get it installed today...$6,000.00 later and we have the guys installing it as I'm writing. 6,000!!!!!! OUTRAGEOUS. Almost as outrageous as our electricity bill, which is 400.00, but from the A/C. So right now I'm sitting in a hot room with my fan going and watching Legally Blonde.

I got a call from a law staffing firm who want to interview me for a position at one of two law firms. One is looking for someone to work their way up, and the other is for a junior secretary, both are about an hour away (w/traffic) but at the moment I'm not in a position to be picky. Perhaps I'll get this and then keep trying for local firms. So I'm going in tomorrow to interview with the staffing place, and I may need to go to an interview with the firms so I have to dress up and I only have 1 skirt/suit. Lol. Bah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

6000 ugh that is steep. But it is a hot year. good luck with the job.