Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Jobs...

Yesterday I reported that I had all kinds of job thingy's going on and so finally I broke down and rang the recruter for the staffing agency about the law job. I told her that I had a previous engagement and that I had not planned to start the next day and made an appointment for 4:30. So I said that if it would be okay I could work until about 2pm and then leave. She said *really nicely* that if this wasn't 100% something I wanted to do then she would like to give the position to someone else who is completely interested and that she has another job for me as a recptionist, which is much closer than an hour away. So, this was Ryan's advice to call her and say that I had another appointment I couldn't get away from, and Ryan always seems to have the best advice.

We went to the baseball game and lost! :( But..I did get to pet the ray's which was really cool. You see the team is Tampa Bay Devil Ray's and they've set up a tank at Tropicana Stadium that has like 20 live ray's in them and you can go and pet them, so we did. It was really weird...felt really slimey and I didn't want to stick my hand in at first. Sometimes they'd come in this huge pack and granted they have no teeth and are bottom-dwellers it was still a bit frightening in that MY hand was in the tank. They felt a bit...rubbery and slimey, made out of cartlidge you know. Also, strangely enough Billy Ray Cyrus was there and you'd never believe how he looked. I would have never guessed it was him. Hehe...

So yes the Lord does provide and I prayed for that and the ability to see what it is that I needed to do. Let's pray for a job at Books-a-million, which is where I want to work! :D :D

I need to finish painting our house! It just seems to never get done, I guess that's because I don't have the money to buy paint. Lol, but that will change soon as I've got all these jobs lined up. *Prays*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Lord provides... that's for sure. That Tampa Bay setup sounds like another Ace Ventura movie waiting to happen (I wish he'd do another one!). It's good to see you still here. Thinking of settling in at this site?